FOR HIGH-LEVEL SPORTS STUDENTS
Politecnico di Milano undertakes from now on to meet the needs of our best sports students, in order to make one’s commitment as student compatible with that as high-level sportsman!
How? Thanks to the Dual Career programme!!
1. During the periods of sports activity recognised for the usually compulsory attendance programmes, the obligation to attend them is revoked;
2. There is the possibility, at the lecturers’ discretion, to carry out exams outside exam dates if the official exam dates coincide with the recognised sports activities;
3. a Tutor is going to be identified in each School to assist the student in liaising with the lecturers on the application of these measures.
The categories of admitted students are:
• Athletes involved in programmes of preparation for summer and winter Olympics/Paralympics;
• national teams athletes;
• Individual sports athletes ranked among the top 12 of the absolute or the youth national ranking at the start of the academic year;
• Athletes recognised as of “national interest”.
The recognised sports activities are:
• Sports governed by the National Sports Federations and CONI (Italian Olympic Committee)’s Associated Sports Disciplines;
• International competitions (World competitions, Olympics/Paralympics, World Cup, World University Games);
• Group training sessions to prepare for the aforementioned competitions.
Students have to:
1. apply to join the programme by sending the application form along with a declaration of eligibility issued by one’s Federation or Associated Discipline to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org;
2. notify the Tutor/lecturers in advance of the period of absence and agree on the manner of carrying out an exam after conduct of the recognised activities: provide the Tutor/lecturers with a statement about participation in group activity and/or the results achieved in the event of participation in a competition issued by one’s Federation or Associated Discipline;
3. notify the Sport Service of the results achieved should they take part in a competition.
Who are the Tutors for each school?
• School of Architecture Urban Planning Construction Engineerings: Prof. Maria Pilar Vettori
• School of Design: Mrs. Stefania Ramonda
• School of Civil, Environmental and Land Management engineering: Mr. Marco Bogani | Mrs. Monia Bertolametti
• School of Industrial and Information Engineering: Mr. Marco Bogani | Mrs. Monia Bertolametti
For Politecnico di Milano, sport and study must coexist as best as possible; apply to take part in the Dual Career programme of our University!