The Politecnico di Milano is committed to meeting the needs of our best sports students, to make the commitment of a student compatible with that of a high-level sportsman/woman!
How? With the Dual Career programme!
- During periods of recognized sporting activity for courses that are normally compulsory attendance, the obligation is revoked;
- There is the possibility, at the lecturers’ discretion, to carry out exams outside exam dates if the official exam dates coincide with the recognised sports activities;
- A Tutor at each School will assist the student in dealing with the lecturers regarding the application of these measures.
The categories of admitted students are:
- Athletes involved in preparation programs for summer or winter Olympics/Paralympics;
- National teams athletes;
- Individual sports athletes ranked among the top 12 of the absolute or the youth national ranking at the start of the academic year;
- Athletes recognised as of “national interest”.
The recognised sports activities are:
- Sports governed by the National Sports Federations and Associated Sports Disciplines of CONI (Italian Olympic Committee);
- International competitions (World competitions, Olympics/Paralympics, World Cup, World University Games);
- Group training sessions to prepare for the aforementioned competitions.
To join the programme, students can apply by sending to email@example.com:
- The application form
- A declaration of eligibility issued by one’s Federation or Associated Discipline
From the moment the application is approved, students are part of the programme and are required to:
- Notify the Tutor/lecturer in advance of the period of absence and agree on the manner of carrying out an exam after conduct of the recognised activities: provide the Tutor/lecturers with a statement about participation in group activity and/or the results achieved in the event of participation in a competition issued by one’s Federation or Associated Discipline;
- Communicate the results achieved in the event of a competition to the Sport Service .
Who are the Tutors for each school?
- School of Architecture, Urban Planning, Construction Engineerings: Prof.ssa Maria Pilar Vettori
- School of Design: Mrs. Stefania Ramonda
- School of Civil, Environmental and Land Management Engineering: Mrs. Claudia Cogliandro | Dott.ssa Maria Grazia Rebasti
- School of Industrial and Information Engineering: Mrs. Claudia Cogliandro | Dott.ssa Maria Grazia Rebasti
For Politecnico di Milano sport and study must coexist in the best possible way,apply to take part in the Dual Career programme of our University!